Has your company been attempting to tackle SEO internally, only to see your competitors listed at the top of search results and never your own content? Or have you heard of SEO and know it's important but don't know how to execute it effectively?
Your competition may have hired a search engine optimization consultant to help with an inbound marketing strategy to propel their web pages to the top of search results, increasing their traffic, conversion rates, leads, and revenue. Sixty-nine percent of marketers invested in SEO in 2021 — and it’s helping them get a boost on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
Hiring the right SEO consultant can turn this situation around so you’re the one leapfrogging the competition. Let’s break down everything you need to know about SEO consultation services and what they can do for your company.
In This Article:
What Is a Search Engine Optimization Consultant?
3 Signs You Could Benefit From a Search Engine Optimization Consultant
What Will a Search Engine Optimization Consultant Do for You?
Why You Should Hire a Professional Search Engine Optimization Consultant
What Makes a Good Search Engine Optimization Consultant?
So, Are SEO Consultants Worth It?
What is a Search Engine Optimization Consultant?
A search engine optimization consultant is a skilled professional who specializes in optimizing your company’s online presence to rank higher in search engine results — so your product can be easily found online. In essence, they make it seamless for new people to discover you through a Google search and optimize your site to turn those discoveries into actual users (without using paid advertising).
An SEO consultant will likely utilize the following strategies and tactics to help potential customers find your brand:
- Technical SEO: Essential for ensuring your web pages are properly crawled and indexed by search engines, technical SEO integrates seamlessly with your content strategy. It optimizes your site's structure, enhancing discoverability and user experience.
- SEO Tools: Implementing these behind-the-scenes tools can help boost rankings (like Yoast SEO on your WordPress website).
- On-Page SEO: This involves putting the keywords your target audience searches for in the right places on your website so search engines list your website as a top search result for said keywords.
- Off-Page SEO: Utilizing social media postings and guest blogs to associate your website with specific keywords is part of off-page SEO.
- SEO Copywriting and Editing: Beyond integrating keywords into your existing content marketing strategies, this involves crafting content that’s engaging and SEO-friendly. It encompasses using effective headings, maintaining keyword density, and optimizing meta descriptions, all aligned with your broader content strategy.
Their expertise can make or break a business, as effective SEO strategies distinguish a visible, easily discoverable company from one lost in the depths of search results — especially since 53% of consumers in the U.S. report researching products on a search engine before making a purchase decision. By employing a targeted approach, an SEO consulting company can ensure your product is found for relevant keywords and stands out among competitors.
By collaborating with a professional SEO consultant and investing in an advanced SEO strategy, your company doesn’t just establish itself as an industry authority but also connects with potential customers seeking solutions to their problems, not just specific products. This dual approach of content creation and optimization is key to elevating your company's online visibility and attracting the right audience.
3 Signs You Could Benefit From an SEO Consultant
If you're unsure whether your company needs the expertise of a search engine optimization consultant, there are key indicators to look out for. An SEO consultant isn't just for those completely new to growth marketing; even established companies can benefit from some SEO direction.
Here are three signs that might convince you it's time to consider partnering with an SEO consulting service.
- Your website isn’t ranking for key search terms: If your content isn't appearing on the first page of search results for relevant keywords, that means clicks are going to your competition — and it's a clear sign you could benefit from an SEO consultant's expertise.
- Stagnant or declining web traffic: A noticeable plateau or drop in your website's traffic indicates that your current SEO strategies might not be effective or up-to-date with the latest search engine algorithms and best practices.
- Low conversion rates: If your site is getting traffic but not converting visitors into users or customers, an SEO consultant can analyze and optimize your site's content and user experience to improve engagement and conversion rates.
Do any of these ring a bell? Then it might be time to get serious about your SEO.
What Will a Search Engine Optimization Consultant Do For You?
An SEO consultant will review your company's current SEO and create an overarching SEO strategy utilizing the aforementioned elements of search engine optimization.
The consultant's job is to review and analyze SEO data and technical SEO, update your website's current content, develop new content that’s optimized for search, and work to implement your company's off-page SEO...all with the result of your company's web pages soaring to the top of search engine results.
In short, a professional SEO consultant will make your brand’s online presence better and more accessible. With their help, you’ll more effectively cater to your target audience via proven inbound marketing strategies, which results in more leads and revenue for your company.
Why You Should Hire a Search Engine Optimization Consultant
Not yet convinced that you could benefit from an SEO consulting service? Keep two words in mind: inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing is all about growing your company by creating and nurturing real connections between your brand and your prospects. It's showing prospects you're an expert in your industry, helping them with their pain points, and letting them know you understand their needs.
When it comes to inbound marketing, there are three phases to get right:
- Attract: Hiring a professional SEO consultant is an excellent way to attract potential customers. They’ll tailor your SEO strategy to your industry and your target audience using content, messaging, and keywords to establish your brand as an authority for the solutions you offer.
- Engage: In this crucial mid-funnel phase, your SEO consultant's role shifts to deepening the connection with your audience by offering valuable, insightful content that resonates specifically with your audience. In doing so, your consultant helps position your brand as a seller and a trusted advisor and resource. This nurturing strategy increases audience engagement, paving the way for prospects to become loyal customers.
- Delight: Effective SEO plays a key role in customer retention. A professional SEO consultant ensures your brand remains visible and appealing by optimizing content to continually engage existing customers with relevant, valuable information. This strategy keeps customers connected and satisfied, increasing their likelihood to remain loyal and recommend your services.
What Makes a Good SEO Consultant?
Now that we know what a professional SEO consultant is and why you should hire one, how do you find the right consultant for your team?
Look for these traits to choose the right SEO consultant:
- Plenty of SEO experience: Many people work in SEO, but that doesn’t necessarily make them an expert in the field. When looking for a professional SEO consultant, be sure they have several years of experience, a strong track record of past results, and references or testimonials.
- An understanding of the three main SEO aspects: Your consultant should be an expert in on-page, off-page, and technical SEO. They should have a deep understanding of SEO and how to work with everything from keywords and tags to site architecture and page structure.
- Great communication skills: You want a consultant who’s skilled in clearly communicating what changes need to be made, why, and how they will make them.
So, Are SEO Consultants Worth It?
Given that 70% of marketers think SEO is more effective at driving sales than PPC, we would dare to say yes: search engine optimization consultants are definitely worth the investment.
The right SEO strategy can drive thousands of qualified leads to your site. At First Page Strategy, we’ve used our SEO expertise to grow organic traffic by 400% and revenue by 300% for our clients. Learn more about what our SEO consultants can do for you today.