A 4-Week DIY Growth Marketing Course
Build Your Custom Growth Marketing Strategy
Digital first companies focused on hyper-growth need an all-encompassing growth game plan. The first step in creating revenue growth magic is putting together a data-driven vision.
At First Page Strategy, we do this through four revenue-growth engines. This DIY course will take you through the first phase, or "Strategic Engine" as we call it. Interested in increasing your traffic by 400% and growing revenue by 300% in one year? This course was designed with the same framework and methodology we've used to see those results firsthand with our clients.
With these resources and a little elbow grease, you'll be well on your way to growth in 4 weeks or less (if you're an over achiever). Pro tip: the bulk of the work you'll be doing occurs during Weeks 2 & 3, so we recommend blocking out two hours every day to get through the comprehensive checklists, audits and strategy needed to stay on track.
Your 4-Week Itinerary:
KICKOFFBuckle up because this is when the fun starts. Your kickoff week will be spent preparing you to put your brand into high gear.
WEEK 1 OBJECTIVES:
- Clearly outline your kickoff process
- Launch your discovery process
- Schedule calls to key stakeholders, including customer services, sales, product development, and leadership
AUDITSThis is where you’ll really start to rev up, completing full, in-depth audits of your business to gain a clear understanding of where you are right now…and where you want to go.
WEEK 2 OBJECTIVES:
- Gain access to audit plans and templates across marketing channels
- Go step-by-step through each audit, following prompts to gather the info needed
- Get a big-picture look at where your brand currently stands so you can identify gaps and uncover opportunities for growth
- Compile all your insights and prepare to roll them into your strategy
BUILDING THE STRATEGY
This is where we get to the core of the Strategic Engine, with actionable steps and critical insights to get your plan up and running.
WEEK 3 OBJECTIVES:
- Build out personas and customer intent paths that are aligned to your products and the marketing funnel
- Look at content and site architecture to improve customer experience and strategic positioning
- Identify keywords that capture your prospects’ pain points
- Plan your topic cluster content, identifying pillar pages and cluster pages and optimizing them for keywords and customer intent
- Build your content strategy with blog planning around publishing themes, content pillars, landing pages, interlinking, and blog categories
- Create a content calendar that brings it all together to outline every piece of content you create and map it to your personas, funnel stage, product, CTAs, and keywords
- Detail your blog process, create a style guide, and find a content production platform
- Plan your distribution strategy so you know how you’ll push your content out to the world
ADVANCED ANALYTICS & PLANNING
Put your brand into overdrive, discover how data can drive your growth even higher and set up your marketing plan for success by tracking benchmarks and growth. This is a key step before getting started — if you don’t know where you began, it’s hard to understand if your marketing strategy is working. All of the checklists and content we've provided in the last three weeks will help you build a 12-month growth strategy, and what you learn from this final fourth week will make sure you keep a close eye on the numbers so you’ll be ready to track what works and adapt when needed.
WEEK 4 OBJECTIVES:
- Improve your Google Analytics (GA) + Google Tag Manager (GTM) by completing any necessary data fixes discovered during the website tagging audit
- Blueprint your analytics dashboards in Google Data Studio, Klipfolio, and HubSpot to keep an eye on growth
- Setup internal project management updates for tight feedback loops
- Implement a monthly call schedule + data analysis to gut check quarterly performance and pivot your strategy if necessary
- Build out task management and reporting in your preferred project management platform